17831 Jamestown Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92647 US
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Oversees the activities of the Accounting & Finance Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits, and budgets.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting & Finance department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits as needed; providing information to external auditors.
- Manages corporate bank balances to achieve operational goals; Maintains weekly cash forecast
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Along with the Vice President of Operations and Director of Strategic Sourcing, assures compliance with all inventory controls and accuracy of inventory costing.
- Reconciles the company’s inventory on an annual basis in conjunction with annual external audit.
- Manages and maintains the appropriate level of cost accounting to maximize the profits of the companies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and appraising employees reporting to this position.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by VP Finance or Senior Management.
- Adhere to Company Values: Empowered – Bold – Integrity – Teamwork - Dedicated – Accountable.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent business experience with
Desired: Certification as a CPA
- 7-10 years’ of progressively responsible experience
- Experience in a manufacturing company/environment.
- Must have high Ievel cost accounting expertise
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and tax knowledge
- Experience in gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding and application of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience working with ERP systems (knowledge of Infor Visual a plus)
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team and ability to delegate accordingly
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation
- High proficiency with MS Excel and Word including complex pivot tables
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board, or other outside partners
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Good Judgment and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
Meet Your Recruiter
Dean Gavello, MBA
Director, Executive Search
Dean began working in the staffing industry 25 years ago, which makes him Alliance Resource Group’s most seasoned recruiter. He joined ARG in 2016 after successfully owning and operating his own firm, The Bennett Group, for many years. What makes Dean such a great recruiter is his ability to find the true strengths in people. To Dean everybody is blessed and everybody shines. Dean is especially talented at matching candidates to the right jobs.
Born and raised in Connecticut, Dean got his undergraduate degree from University of Connecticut and an MBA from University of Massachusetts. A father of four, Dean and his wife, Toni, also share their home with a dog, two cats and a fish named Blue. If Dean had a free day he would go for the hat trick — fishing for yellowtail in the morning, a twilight round of golf followed by playing in a poker tournament. Boom!