18301 Von Karman Ave #340 Irvine, California 92612
ARG is partnered with a rapidly growing real estate investor and " home rebuilder" seeks a talented financial professional to oversee all facets of accounting and reporting. This highly visible position reports to the CEO and requires hands-on leadership and teamwork skills. The role is focused on deliverables of the accounting team to ensure timely reporting to multiple institutional investor partners. The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills and have advanced accounting and analytical expertise, preferably with a background out of public accounting and some industry experience.
Why: company growth over last 2 years has exceeded 150% YoY; projected growth for 2018 and 2019 consistent w/ prior years.
Culture: Dynamic, fast-paced, engaging. Must be intellectually curious and able to move quickly; able to operate independently and as part of a team. For the right candidate, the hours and flexibility will be great.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Lead the accounting team to ensure timely distribution of financial information
- Maintain the company’ s accounting systems
- Coordinate audits with public accounting firms
- Manage company’ s treasury and cash management functions
- Integrate new acquisitions into the accounting system
- Be a lead contributor evaluating the performance of operating properties
- Assist in preparation of budgets and strategic plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline
- Real Estate Industry experience in a multi-entity environment
- Integrity, intelligence and energy; high sense of urgency
- Public accounting experience and CPA highly preferred
- Institutional investor reporting experience a plus
- Excel (must be advanced); Salesforce (nice to have)
- Seven to ten years of accounting experience