2652 McGaw Avenue Irvine, CA 92614
Medical Device company in the Irvine area is looking for an Interim Controller to join their team. This individual will support the team for approximately 3 months and has the option of turning into a full-time position. This is a great company and place to work and they are looking for someone that can thrive in a fluid environment, and someone who is a self-starter and positive team member. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in your career.
Here' s what you will do:
- Oversee all corporate accounting functions including: revenue, AP, payroll, cost accounting, and financial systems
- Be responsible for all internal and external financial reporting and analysis for the management team, the Board of Directors, and investors.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory reporting requirements
- Develop accounting processes, systems and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Manage the monthly close and related reporting process
- Lead the team through annual audits working closely with the company’ s Big 4 auditing team
- Advise leadership team members on material customer contract terms, revenue recognition policies, expense management, and other financial matters
- Champion process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and general ledger activities
- Work on other special projects involving financial reporting, accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues.
Here' s the background we hope you have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (CPA preferreed)
- Inventory and heavy cost accounting skills
- Technical accounting experience
- Ability to find innovative solutions while building scalable accounting processes
- Deep working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills
- Big 4 work experience