Irvine, CA 92888
Controller for $300M Revenue Start up technology company
We want an exceptionally motivated Controller to play an integrated role in the day-to-day management of the Finance department to ensure the control and accurate reporting of accounts. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budge and forecast activities.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Manage all areas of accounting operations, including but not limited to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivables, month-end close, quarterly and annual financial reporting, tax reporting, compliance requirements and financial statement audits
- Prepare examine, and analyze accounting records financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and cash flows to assess accurate, completion, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop financial and operational reporting to analyze goals and metrics and to strengthen financial controls
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Train, coach, and oversee the development of the Accounting team
- Maintain effective relations with external auditors, financial representatives and regulators.
What BASICS do you need?
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 5-7 years prior experience in manufacturing accounting department highly preferred
- 2 years at a manager level in public accounting highly preferred
- CPA preferred
- Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
WHAT WE VALUE?
- Collaboration skills to work seamlessly across organization and functions
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
- Passion for developing software and learning every day
- Inherent ability to inspire, motivate and lead people through new and exciting challenges