18825 Bardeen Ave Irvine, CA 92612
This Controller role manages accounting teams and coordinates tasks and assignments to ensure client reporting is timely and accurate. The Controller is responsible for identifying training needs tracking performance and promoting positive internal and external customer service. They realize that their success begins and ends with their people. As a result they work hard to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. These high-caliber professionals come together to create a distinct culture that is best summarized as awesome, talented, and collaborative.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Effectively manage project accountants consisting of Staff Senior Managing Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager. Direct reports are Managing Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers.
- Coordinate tasks and assignments to accountants based on capacity experience and Client requirements.
- Responsible for identifying training needs tracking performance coaching year-end reviews and motivating accountants.
- Lead transition and setup of new property assignments.
- Promote positive internal and external customer service. This includes open and constructive communication with property management to foster a positive relationship.
- Review financial statement packages prior to submittal to Clients. Ensure accuracy and consistency of report presentation.
- Assist accountants with processing and/or calculating debt real estate taxes sales tax margin tax deferred rent and owner distributions.
- Ensure proper recording of purchased and sold projects as well as loan refinancing.
- Update and maintain current project information for the internal tracking database.
- Review presentation of fixed assets for appropriate depreciation/amortization.
- Develop and facilitate training for the accountants for real estate specific accounting processes variance analysis review budget review operating expense reconciliation review and accounting software.
- Provide “ Best Practices” accounting policy and procedures guidance and direction to accountants and property management
- Work with supervisor to update Project Accounting policies and procedures as needed.
- Coordinate Client requests on an as needed basis.
- Perform bank admin duties (set up users etc).
- Review and approve accountant’ s wires.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight; Comprehend analyze and interpret complex business documents; Write reports and manuals; Make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department and/or large groups
- Lead and direct a team of accountants in preparing accurate and timely financial packages for industrial office retail development/construction association and data center projects on behalf of Clients.
- Effectively delegate workloads and inspire and motivate accountants; Provide a high level of commitment to customer service whether to co-workers or our Clients.
- An in-depth understanding of accounting methods (cash accrual and full GAAP) and financial terms and principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences; Handle complex employee issues confidentially and fairly; Good organizational skills attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- Act as a single point of contact for assigned Clients. Ensure Client requests are completed in a timely manner with a high degree of professionalism.
- Act as a liaison between the Client property management and the project accounting team.
- Work in collaboration with property management team and assigned accountants to successfully transition properties whether newly managed acquired sold or foreclosed.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of “ Client” Policies and Procedures and ensure accountants’ compliance with same.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years' of work experience.
- CPA license highly preferred.