Irvine, CA 92614 US
The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for assisting with month end close as well as monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Review journal entries to record in accordance with GAAP with proper supporting documentation.
- Review monthly/quarterly corporate entity financials and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review general ledger for accuracy and consistency
- Review of other fund accounting general ledger input/output.
- Responsible for reconciliation and elimination of intercompany activity.
- Interface with various departments to assist in resolving reconciling items and general accounting issues.
- Assist with the quarter-end consolidation and preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Assist with implementation of new ERP System
- Manage a team of senior accountants and accounting clerk, and ultimately mentor their development
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and other special projects, as needed.
- BS and/or MS degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5-7 years of previous accounting experience with a strong conceptual understanding of GAAP
- Organized, detail oriented, strong communication skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines, willingness to take on additional tasks as needed commensurate with a small team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- CPA preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Chloe Bachner, CPA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Chloe is a former Big 4 CPA with a Bachelor's and Master's of Accountancy degrees from the University of San Diego. Chloe was born and raised right here in in Orange County. Prior to joining Alliance Resource Group, she was an Experienced Hire Recruiter for a large regional Public Accounting firm in Irvine.
As a huge animal advocate, Chloe volunteers her time to rescue dog organizations. She lives by the mantra "Adopt, Don't Shop" and encourages everyone to do the same.
A perfect day for Chloe would find her, her husband Stephen and their dog Kona taking a walk at the beach during the day, followed by a home cooked meal paired with some nice wine.