3250 Camino Del Sol Oxnard, CA 93030
JOB TITLE: Controller; Director of Finance and Accounting
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
DATE: February 2019
FSLA Status: Exempt
Job Description The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company' s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The position is also responsible for cash management and risk management.
Essential Functions Management • Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures • Manage outsourced functions (Audit, Tax, Insurance) • Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department' s goals and objectives. • Oversee the accounting operations of Parent or Subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures. Transactions • Ensure that accounts payable is paid in a timely manner • Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable • Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly • Process payroll in a timely manner • Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed • Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis • Maintain the chart of accounts • Maintain an orderly accounting filing system • Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions Reporting • Issue timely and complete financial statements • Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report • Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations • Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics • Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts • Responsible for ERP Financial Stewardship, Master Data and Controls therein. • Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management • Provide for a system of management cost reports • Provide financial analyses as needed, including capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations. Compliance • Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit • Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants including all reporting to lenders. • Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual reports with Private Equity Investors.
• Ability to plan and pace oneself in order to meet deadlines with quality.
• Ability to present oneself as a professional.
• Ability to create and maintain open, direct and professional communication with others.
• Maintain exemplary customer service for both internal and external customers.
• Ability to effectively interact with others outside your department when cross-departmental team participation is required.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner by using excellent oral, written, and listening skills. • Ability to work in a team environment.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor' s degree in accounting or business administration or similar degree. • Certified Public Accountant designation required. • 10+ years of progressively responsible experience, preferably with a major company, and/or division of a large corporation. • Strongly prefer experience as Controller of a manufacturing operation.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquisition targets to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected