505 South Melrose Street Placentia, CA 92870 US
Alliance Resource Group has partnered with a very successful $30M white-label cosmetics manufacturer, in search of a Plant Controller to lead all accounting, cost accounting, and some finance functions; while overseeing a staff of 3-5 individuals and lead all things accounting for both this plant and one other plant in California. Experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com
The leadership team at this company is world-class; They are extremely talented, high-performing, humble, dynamic, and passionate about the company and career growth. No politics or drama here.
Also worth noting, this position will have the opportunity to take on more responsibility from a leadership standpoint, as the founder owns multiple entities and will eventually be looking for a CFO to oversee all of the operations.
As the Controller, you will be a strategic partner to leadership, and provide relevant fiscal reports and assist with financial data as necessary by interpreting and implementing operating budgets and policies. Maintain cost and inventory control systems. Provide monthly reporting to corporate finance to include profitability, inventory cost & variance analysis.
- Interpreting financial/accounting policies and implementing policies by creating operating processes/practices
- Analyzing data to provide financial reports on profitability, inventory and manufacturing cost including variances to plan
- Maintain control systems that track sales, cost of goods sold, manufacturing cost, work in process and inventory
- Control systems; including analysis of exceptions, general ledger entries, production cost and reconciliations
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling inventory in transit, variances to purchase prices and manufacturing expenses. Will provide a valuation of inventory, utilizing control and audit of standard cost, cycle counts and inventory adjustments
- Responsible for assisting management with the preparation of capital appropriation requests and the annual financial budget as well as quarterly forecasts. Analyze and prepare reports on sales, product orders, results, and inventory.
- Ability to leverage the knowledge of Standard Cost accounting and finance management to effectively collaborate with the executive team on the status of the company’s financial strength.
- Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience which focuses in computerized standard cost environment.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Engineering with a Business minor preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and any variety of ERP systems.
Job Types: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Executive Search
After receiving his bachelor’s in accounting with a minor in economics from Cal State Fullerton, Brad went to work as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Brad really enjoys networking, so becoming a recruiter was an easy decision. When asked what he likes best about recruiting he replied, “The satisfaction of seeing the people we place being promoted and our clients becoming long-term trusted partners. It’s a great feeling when your candidate becomes a client by way of promotion.”
Brad is our only recruiter that can land a 360 flip on a skateboard and break 80 on the golf course. Impressive! If Brad had a free day, he would want to spend time with friends doing something competitive.