903 Calle Amenecer #240 San Clemente, CA 92673
Summary of Career Opportunity
POSITION: Corporate Controller
Emerging South Orange County Software/SAAS company is seeking an ambitious CPA for the newly established headquarters. The spinoff from a multi $billion organization is planning on doubling the workforce with a 50% year over year increase in revenues. After recent Series B financing of $25 Million the organization is well positioned to build the infrastructure necessary to sustain the aggressive forecasts.
POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for all financial matters for the organization as they seek to build to maximize value and attract a buyer within 2 years. They have already landed two Fortune 50 clients and they have their sites on a couple of other large customers by the end of the year. The key requirements of the search are SAAS experience, roll up sleeves mentality, experience in taking company public and/or taking company to sale. First and foremost, the appointed Controller must have an energetic “ can do “ attitude which is the central theme to the organization.
- Complete ownership of all Financials to be presented to business partners on a periodic basis.
- Hands on oversight of AP, AR, Payroll, General Ledger
- Spearhead the implementation of the ERP system
- Point person with the external auditors
- Assist CFO with FPA activities including planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Build Accounting and Finance team to support forecasted growth.
- Position the company for sale in 18 month to 2 year time frame
- Liaise with banks, investors, tax firm, and various others
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manager or higher level position, preferably with a minimum of 3-5 years of SAAS experience, preferably with an early stage emerging company
- Must be very hands on, especially in the early going as he/she builds an Accounting team.
- Must be very adept with technology including Microsoft Office and ERP Systems
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus