410 Exchange 200 Tustin, CA 92705
ARG is partnered with a $75M aerospace manufacturer in search of a Controller who can step up into a split role between finance and cost accounting. Must be dynamic, intelligent, motivated, meticulous, and capable of leading by example. Excellent opportunity for growth as company has gone from $30M to $65M over the last 3 years.
Responsible for all cost accounting activity, inventory accounting and related variance analysis.
Major responsibilities include:
- Analyzing, reconciling, and controlling inventory, cost of sales, product margins, and productivity.
- Interfaces closely with the Operations team as well as the Finance and Accounting team.
- Establishes standard costs for manufactured products, explains variances to standards and ensures accurate and timely information is available to senior management and Operations.
- Works closely with Merchandising, Marketing and Finance departments to understand product attributes and contribution margin goals.
- Works closely with manufacturing/CPU teams to ensure actual costs are in line with standards, bridge any differences, and provide necessary feedback.
- Perform all cost accounting activities including standard cost development, average pricing analysis, margin and cost ratio analysis, inventory control, variance analysis, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely product cost accounting information including gross margin analysis for management
- Define standard product costs for existing and new potential menu items including raw material, labor and overhead.
- Implement an MRP system and best practice cost accounting processes
- Establish formalized methods of calculating labor and overhead (variable and fixed) rates by CPU.
- Conduct monthly analysis of gross margin, sales, scrap, substitute material, inventory, variances, standard costs, finished goods and overall budget performance.
- Analyze variance of theoretical food and labor cost projections to actual costs
- Analyze product contribution margins and recommend strategies for improving margin
- Calculate and manage purchase price variances, work with operations to minimize cost variances
- Coordinate with plant managers on budgeting & communicate monthly results to drive adherence to targets
- Prepare product cost scenarios/projections for new and cost-saving initiatives to determine development feasibility and alignment with company/customer pricing targets.
- Support purchasing initiatives with analyzing volumes, costs and savings in regard to establishing local/regional/national purchasing contracts
- Thorough documentation of internal control processes and ability to identify and mitigate control weaknesses
- Develop and establish reporting to monitor inventory levels, theoretical vs. actual and production efficiencies
- Prepare weekly inventory reports
- Prepare weekly and monthly food cost and labor analysis reports and planned efficiency reports
- Interface with Operations to update standard cost on a quarterly basis and propose adjusting entries
- Interface with Operations on standard cost forecasting and updating the inventory tracking system
- Analyze inventory on hand and in demand, and book inventory reserve entries on a monthly basis
- Reconcile general ledger and perpetual inventory accounts
- Lead year-end physical inventory cycle count and manage all cycle count procedures
- Drive cost optimization with potential contract manufacturing partners
- Develop and support a personal and company-wide culture of Lean and / or Six Sigma principles
- Assist in yearly standard cost/budget process and fiscal year-end audit.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- All team members are responsible for having an awareness and understanding of company' s culture and contribute to the Snappiness of their team and organization as a whole.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University; MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in accounting and/or finance within a related industry
- 5+ years of experience within a cost accounting/inventory accounting environment
- Excellent communication, leadership skills, and tenacity
- Must be very strong in Excel
- Full benefits and bonus; 3 weeks vacation; 401(k) match
- Amazing culture
For immediate consideration: Please email your resume in Word format to Brad at Bchamberlin(a)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com