Corporate Accounting Manager
7711 Center Avenue Huntington Beach, CA 92647
POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS
Reporting to the VP of Accounting, this role is responsible for overseeing and directing accounting functions, including monthly accounting close and preparation of account reconciliations. Directs, trains, supervises, and appraises accounting personnel. Contributes substantially to the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the general ledger, financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed. Accountable for the team’ s timely completion of month-end closing deliverables based upon preset deadlines.
- Responsible for review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations prepared in accordance with GAAP with proper supporting documentation
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of supplementary reports to management.
- Responsible for analyzing accounts including budget to actual and forecast to actual variances.
- Identify and lead process improvement efforts to drive efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of accounting processes and procedures while ensuring proper internal controls are in place.
- Research and document complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting processes, including acquisitions and divestitures. Perform technical research as needed.
- Assist with managing requests from external auditors ensuring that PBCs and other audit requirements are delivered in a timely manner, including preparation and/or review of PBCs related to the Corporate accounting functions.
- Assist with preparation of monthly cash flow worksheet and annual financial statements.
- Work collaboratively with other accounting teams and financial planning team to ensure financial completeness and accuracy.
- Recruit, lead and motivate staff. Provide guidance and information to senior and staff accountants, as well as formal supervision (including performance reviews, goal setting, disciplinary action, time off approval and day-to-day oversight and direction).
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience, including supervisory experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license
- Public accounting/auditing experience
- Technical knowledge of accounting concepts (US GAAP), practices, procedures, and financial reports
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of multi-state and multi-entity organization
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial data
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Hands on/mentor mentality
- Acts independently and pro-actively
- Flexible and change adept
- Have an “ ownership” attitude; fully engaged
- Ability to motivate, teach and lead