Corporate Accounting Manager
3347 Michelson Drive , Suite 200 Irvine, CA 92612 US
Our client is a growing REIT and this role supports corporate accounting and supervises 2-3 staff.
Position has a hybrid schedule and reports to Assistant Controller
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees preparation and posting of monthly standard and adjusting journal entries. Prepares journal entries to record financial transactions to the general ledger such as, cash transaction accruals, prepaid amortization, service contract accruals, allocations, and intercompany activities.
- Review assigned general ledger accounts for propriety and reasonableness, investigate questionable transactions, form reasonable conclusions, make recommendations to leadership and prepares correcting journal entries as appropriate. Prepares monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Identifies, researches, and corrects account discrepancies.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with accounting requirements. Performs moderately complex analyses and make recommendations to management regarding appropriateness of retail reserves and accruals.
- Reviews AP and AR accruals for month end close
- Assists in annual financial audits.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 7+ years of related corporate accounting or public accounting experience and/or training required.
- Experience with detailed contract review for revenue recognition a huge plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – including ability to develop analyses using Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and other Excel tools required.
- MRI or Yardi experience highly preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director - Los Angeles
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.