101 Enterprise Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
As a key leader in the Company’ s finance organization, the Corporate Controller is responsible for managing the Company’ s Accounting and Internal Control functions. The Controller oversees general accounting and reporting, external and internal audit coordination, revenue accounting, accounts payable, expense report audit, internal financial systems, cash flow projections and reporting, balance sheet management and coordinates tax and treasury matters with our US parent company. The Controller is responsible for all accounting policies & procedures, financial statements and footnotes, reporting controls, financial compliance, accounting services and transaction processing. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this highly skilled individual leads the Controllership organization and partners cross-functionally with leadership to ensure priorities are aligned with corporate objectives and appropriate financial controls.
Essential Job Functions:
Lead the Controllership function
- Manage month-end closing and reporting process with the focus on a best-in-class accounting close
- Prepare month-end financial statements, including P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements. Ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Work closely with Managed Care on developing procedures for the accrual of accurate GTN estimates
- Review non-routine transactions, determine accounting treatment, and develop necessary policies and procedures
- Manage accounting services, including Accounts Payable and Revenue accounting
Lead the Expense Report Audit function
- Lead effort to implement Concur Audit Services to build a scalable Expense audit function
- Serve as primary liaison between Compliance and Finance for Sunshine Act reporting
- Develop T&E policies and procedures and a continuous monitoring plan for accurate expense reporting related to HCP/HCP interactions. Create appropriate exception reporting and plan for timely follow-up and remediation
- Develop Expense reporting best practices and Sales training presentations and perform Sales training and training for Corporate office employees
Primary liaison for external and internal audit function
- Key point of contact with auditors; ensure efficient audit engagements with timely support of processes and resolutions of any findings
- Ensure integrity of the internal control environment by enforcing corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and JSOX controls standards, as well as any regulatory requirements
Tax and Treasury
- Manage tax function in coordination with parent company Tax department, including data for preparation of federal/state tax returns and annual tax provision
- Ensure timely and accurate cash flow forecasting and tracking, parent company borrowings and projections and support to centralized parent company Treasury operations
Team development and leadership
- Develop, train and mentor the Controllership team. Frequently review and assess performance of team members and deliver feedback. Develop and support performance and career goals.
- Ensure the right people and skills in the right roles; hire the best and brightest to fill any open positions
- Support key related functions such as manufacturing, supply chain, 3PL and wholesaler interactions and business development. Assist with transactional due diligence and lead post-acquisition integration activities, as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Requires 15+ years’ experience in accounting and finance, including significant experience leading and building effective Controllership organizations
- Position requires recent experience in a financial leadership role at a Pharmaceutical company involved with manufacturing, commercializing and developing innovative products. Candidate must have worked with rebate/discount accounting, Sunshine Act reporting and requirements and contract manufacturing relationships.
- BA/BS degree (preferably in accounting of business degree)
- MBA or advanced Degree preferred
- CPA required (inactive license is acceptable)
- Big 4 public accounting and audit experience is highly desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills; a thorough knowledge of IFRS and GAAP, with an emphasis on revenue recognition, gross-to-net rebate/discount accounting, contingent liability and clinical trial accounting
- Motivational leader who mentors and coaches team, identifies and supports development opportunities and creates a cohesive and positive working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and interface with Executive Management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong analytical and organizational abilities
- Financial systems experience; ability to apply best practices and re-engineer systems and processes
- Experience with transforming an accounting organization with the necessary skills, tools, and resources to be best in class
- Previous experience with JD Edwards ERP and Insight software Hubble a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).