6363 Regio Avenue Buena Park, CA 90620 US
We have been retained by a fast growing, highly respected Asian specialty retailer ($1 billion + in revenue) in their search for a Corporate Controller. The organization is well capitalized, highly profitable, and growing rapidly. The executive management team is dynamic and looking for an additional like-minded, talented accounting executive to help take the company to the next level.
This position will manage a large team, will report directly to the CFO and will work intimately with both the CEO and President/Chairman of the organization.
The Corporate Controller is a key financial leader and a close partner to the CFO, responsible for the oversight of the organization’s accounting and reporting functions. The Corporate Controller establishes efficiency in the accounting processes across the organization and delivers consistent, accurate financial information.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient accounting close on a periodical basis
- Manages accounting operations, in leading the teams of AR & Credit control, AP & Expense control, GL & Reporting's team
- In charge of treasury management, internal controls and risk management
- Manage the preparation and reporting, of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial information
- Develops, maintains and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes and procedures to comply with US GAAP
- Serve as a key interface with external auditors, as well as keep abreast of changes in accounting and auditing standards. Develop implementation plans to adopt new standards and work with CFO to ensure successful implementation
- Serve as a trusted advisor and accounting consultant and prepare financial analyses and studies as required to support decision making of senior management
- Collaborate with other corporate finance groups to ensure consistency in guidance and thorough understanding of financial issues.
- Seeks opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting process
- Co-lead the financial and accounting planning process
- Manage and mentor accounting team to greater levels of business engagement and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent is required
- CPA license highly preferred
- Ten to fifteen + years of progressive accounting experience working within a large company environment
- Experience in public accounting highly preferred
- Minimum of five years of management/leadership experience with demonstrated ability to build and lead teams
- Technical accounting experience – strong understanding of GAAP and ability to research and implement new accounting guidance
- Experience working with large ERP systems – preferably SAP. Strong Excel required
- Advanced communication and strong leadership skills
- Well organized and be able to drive changes and seek for improvement
- Bilingual in Mandarin is a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Jennifer Hannigan, CPA
Founder & CEO
Jennifer founded Alliance Resource Group in 2003 after four years as a consistent top five performer for a prominent national staffing agency. Jennifer’s vision was to take the best of both contingent and retained search firms and merge them into a single platform. ARG represents this vision with the high touch, highly consultative approach of the retained industry coupled with the sense of urgency and extensive and broad network of a contingent firm. Born and raised in San Diego, her claim to fame was winning the Metric Marathon in 5th grade. She wandered North and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. A Certified Public Accountant and Deloitte Alum, Jennifer has found her true professional calling running a world class staffing firm.
With boundless energy, this mother of triplets plus two successfully handles the demands of running a business and raising five children. If Jennifer had any spare time, she would enjoy scrapbooking, cooking, wine tasting, Lyle Lovett concerts and travel. Jennifer is a huge Star Wars fan; so much so that she embraced her inner geek with Star Wars Pop Art for the corporate office.