1842 Barranca Parkway Irvine, CA 92606
ARG is partnered with a high growth $100M start up /technology company, in search of a hands-on Controller who will take responsibility for all financial and accounting management, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This role will require expertise in financial and accounting management, including corporate accounting, regulatory, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as corporate internal control policies and procedures. This position is geared for growth as our client continues rapidly expanding and taking market share.
- Oversee all accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, inventory accounting and revenue recognition
- Prepare/review journal entries and account reconciliations for month end close
- Prepare timely monthly financial reporting package for management includes basic financial statements and analysis of budgets vs. actuals
- Prepare and review regulatory financial reports
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for audit compliance
- Assist in preparation of annual audited financial statements and other audited statements
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating budget and cash forecasts
- Maintain accounting handbook and revise as necessary accounting internal controls and accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP
- CPA and public accounting (audit) required.
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to set and to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Seven+ years of experience in public and private industry. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable. (CPA preferred).
- College accounting degree
- Corporate accounting experience including month end and year end closing and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP including inventory costing and complex technical accounting issues (revenue recognition and equity financing)
- Familiarity with inventory accounting
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Our client offers a competitive total compensation packages including an employee incentive stock option plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, paid holidays and vacation time.