16961 Knott Avenue La Mirada, CA 90638
Our client is a long standing, stable boutique technology company that is looking to bring in a Corporate Controller to join their competent team. The company is very profitable with more than $20 million in sales and is located in North Orange County.
The Corporate Controller serves as the #1 Finance executive in the company and reports directly to the CEO.The Corporate Controller will be responsible for all the accounting, reporting, and finance for the organization.
This position will supervise a team of three and will be heavily involved in operations and the efficiencies of the manufacturing process.
Specific Duties to Include:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements according to U.S. GAAP.
- Heavy interaction with manufacturing with an expectation that this position will get out on the manufacturing floor and be hands on related to process and manufacturing efficiencies
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts for corporate entity.
- Calculates commissions for internal and external sales reps.
- Prepares weekly report of revenue, bookings, and cash flows.
- Supports external tax and audit professionals.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Coordinates A/P and A/R activity with other team members.
- Analyzes actual results vs. plan.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Reviews quoted vs. actual pricing and costing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have broad accounting experience, proven record executing process improvements, and comfortable “ rolling their sleeves up”.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Manufacturing and International experience required
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting and managerial role
- Strong experience using ERP systems
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic.
- ISO 1000 and AS9100 familiarity