5000 Birch Street, East Tower, Suite 600 Newport Beach, CA 92660 US
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees preparation and posting of monthly standard and adjusting journal entries. Prepares journal entries to record financial transactions to the general ledger such as, cash transaction accruals, prepaid amortization, service contract accruals, allocations, and intercompany activities.
- Review assigned general ledger accounts for propriety and reasonableness, investigate questionable transactions, form reasonable conclusions, make recommendations to leadership and prepares correcting journal entries as appropriate. Prepares monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Identifies, researches, and corrects account discrepancies.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with accounting requirements. Performs moderately complex analyses and makes recommendations to management regarding appropriateness of retail reserves and accruals.
- Reviews AP and AR accruals for month end close
- Oversee company-wide payroll and benefit administration
- Support departmental budgeting & forecasting
- Assists in annual financial audit and tax compliance with external auditor
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- 10+ years of related corporate accounting or public accounting experience and/or training required.
- 4+ years in accounting management
- Real Estate, Professional Services or Investment Management industry experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – including ability to develop analyses using Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and other Excel tools required.
- MRI or Yardi experience highly preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.