cerritos, CA 90703 US
Our client located in Cypress is a dynamic Consumer Products company that has a strong online and wholesale presence. They are looking for a solid Corporate Controller to oversee a dynamic team of twelve responsible for the month end close, Accounts Payable and external audit.
Essential Job Functions
- Month-end: Review, analyze and approve journal entries and data uploads for accuracy and completeness, in accordance with GAAP. review monthly account analysis that are prepared by staff accountants, and review financial and operational reports to identify and explain fluctuations in performance.
- Supervise all US day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger, AP, inventory accounting, fixed assets and intercompany transactions.
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, working capital, cash balances and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
- Diligent ownership of financial statements to insure accuracy - maintain internal control systems and enforcing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Developing innovative and effective solutions to problems in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting through individual effort or as part of a team.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
- Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/deliverables as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
- Assist in managing the accounts payable process to ensure proper invoice coding, proper expense approval, and timely vendor payment.
- Worked with external partners including auditors, investors and advisors to better, increase the Company’s capabilities and incorporate best practices into the Accounting team and across the company
- Manages financial audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Mentor, train and develop department staff accountants.
- Develop and monitor daily and weekly reports of operations activities and key performance measures.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and identify opportunities to streamline administrative processes.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses at the direction of the Controller.
- Minimum 10 years experience – combined Public & Private experience
- CPA License highly preferred
- 4+ years managing and developing staff
- Experience in a publicly traded company with revenues of $500MM+
- Industry experience in consumer goods, retail, ecommerce
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Advanced Excel and exposure to large ERP sytstem
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director - Los Angeles
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.