1700 Saturn Way Building 5 Seal Beach, CA 90740
Cutting edge medical technology company in the Seal Beach area is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to help the team out on an interim basis with the possibility of going perm. The Senior Cost Accountant provides relevant financial support to one of the remote locations through cost analysis, monthly reporting and forecast/budget preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs month-end and pre-month end duties.
- Prepares reports on actual monthly results for assigned location and provides comparative analysis to current and prior year forecast.
- Provides cost accounting support for assigned location and acts as the liaison between the remote location and Corporate Accounting.
- Prepares reports and analyzes operational performance and budget variances to strengthen cost controls, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies.
- Gathers and analyzes information relating to inventory, equipment, and labor costs utilizing the ERP system and Microsoft applications.
- Visits remote locations to review results and ensure accuracy of standards related to plant production.
- Analyzes production yield, costs, and efficiencies.
- Documents procedures to standardize costing and analysis of product output costs.
- Sets up and maintains new item, BOM/structure and routing.
- Performs special projects/assists with accounting related responsibilities as directed by the Cost Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller or Operations.
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP, SQF, and regulatory requirements.
- Aware and accountable in maintaining and documenting preventative controls necessary to ensure food safety and quality.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to management.
- Responsible for partnering with others; sharing knowledge, skills and information within assigned team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Accounting or related discipline required.
- Two to five years of experience in accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office applications with strong skills in Excel and report generation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.