Staff Accountant (Real Estate / Technology)
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls and executing general accounting activities, including the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial statements and reports. Our client has a complex structure with over one hundred legal entities. Accountants are assigned responsibility for multiple legal entities across all business segments.
Accurate application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) (including regulatory specific accounting guidance)
- Complete understanding and application of GAAP to the revenue, fixed asset, treasury, and general accounting functions.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of account coding.
- Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Asset records.
- Provide income and transaction tax support.
- Prepare and analyze monthly income and balance sheet statements which will be used for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Respond to financial inquiries; provide requested information for use in effective management of the business and/or meeting external reporting needs.
- Adhere to controls and standard business practices.
- Escalate non-compliance issues when identified.
- Safeguard company assets (cash, fixed assets, inventory).
- Provide and effectively communicate financial information for internal and external audit.
- Prepare certain external regulatory filings and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates on cross-functional teams as required (e.g. acquisition/merger support, billing conversion).
- Identify business process improvement opportunities; assist in development and implementation of effective solutions.
- Performs special projects as assigned.