Director of Accounting
951 Calle Amanecer San Clemente, California 92673
Our client is a growing publicly traded company who has double their size in revenue is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to their growing team. They are a leader in the medical field and have an accounting team comprised of top tier talent. This firm prides itself on having a strong and positive company culture along with making work/life balance a priority.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, with an emphasis on ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger
- Oversee month-end close with an eye toward process improvements, including the review of balance sheet account reconciliations, expense analyses and intercompany eliminations
- Assist with analytical review of financial statement accounts in accordance with management specifications, including comparison to budget and historical trends
- Assist with monthly executive management and board reports
- Assist with the integration of acquired businesses, including but not limited to, the alignment of cost centers and other general ledger account mapping considerations, accounts payable policies, intercompany policies, etc.
- Assist with external auditors’ requests and queries during interim reviews and the year-end audit
- Identify inefficiencies in work flow and implement new processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting
- Ad hoc projects as required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience including management or supervisory experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting required
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience preferred