Director of Credit
1318 East 7th Street Suite 260 Los Angeles, California 90021
Our client is a Global Consumer Products company and they are looking for a strong leader to oversee: credit, collections and AR. This role will support alliance with the factor and international customer support.
- Oversees a team of 4 staff in the areas of credit management, cash applications and collections
- Develops and administers credit policies and procedures.
- Monitors credit lines, collections and account balances.
- Oversees the processing and verification of applications for credit including: financial statement review, credit bureau analysis and reference checks.
- Manage the solicitation for payment on overdue accounts and maintain proper DSO for company standards.
- Review Returns & Allowances processes to ensure proper application of credits and charge backs.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- 10+ years experience in Credit, Accounts Receivable and Collections including 5+ years experience in a supervisory capacity
- A solid understanding of accounting principles including financial statements and balance sheet review.
- Solid understanding of account reconciliations process
- Understanding of Credit reporting and financial tools (D&B, Hoovers, Equifax) a plus