Director of Finance
1318 East 7th Street Suite 260 Los Angeles, California 90021
Our client is an international consumer products company based in Downtown Los Angeles!
- Establish excellence in management reporting and analysis.
- Deliver Leadership team and Board reporting materials relating to Budget, Forecast and Actuals reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile financial results with quality commentary for all deliverables to Leadership team.
- Assist in KPI assessment and reporting to measure how the business is performing across all functions.
- Oversees updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop calendar of activities including but not limited to forecast, annual budget, long range planning etc.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Review that all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendared and in line with the company’ s overall strategic plans.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions, ensures communication to department heads and implement best practices to drive efficiency and accuracy in forecasting and budgeting.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience with the CPG or Retail industries a plus
- 6+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and database skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and business processes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to adapt to a fast pace ever changing environment