Director of Finance
1318 East 7th Street Suite 260 Los Angeles, California 90021
Our client is an international consumer products company based in Downtown Los Angeles! This role will be integral in supporting internal customers including Sales, Manufacturing, Legal, and Marketing.
- Establish excellence in management reporting and analysis.
- Deliver Leadership team and Board reporting materials relating to Budget, Forecast and Actuals reporting.
- Analyze and reconcile financial results with quality commentary for all deliverables to Leadership team.
- Assist in KPI assessment and reporting to measure how the business is performing across all functions.
- Oversees updates to the financial forecast in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop calendar of activities including but not limited to forecast, annual budget, long range planning etc.
- Prepares annual plan in conjunction with input from all departments; ensures input has been documented and properly included.
- Review that all budgeted expenses are adequately documented and supported, properly calendared and in line with the company’ s overall strategic plans.
- Works with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met; oversees budget revisions, ensures communication to department heads and implement best practices to drive efficiency and accuracy in forecasting and budgeting.
- Recommends improvements and develops strategies to improve overall department effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience with the CPG or Retail industries a plus
- 6+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and database skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and business processes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to adapt to a fast pace ever changing environment