Director of Finance
San Clemente, CA 92672-7531 US
We have partnered with a fast growing, privately held, middle market company in South Orange County in their search for their Director of Finance. This position is a new position due to growth.
The company is incredibly innovative and has been growing exponentially both organically and through acquisition. The organization boasts a fantastic, super fun culture and is lead by very inspirational and cause-driven founders and executives,
The position reports directly to the Chief Operating/Chief Financial Officer and will work directly with the Founders and the company's executive team. This is a great opportunity for a highly talented and motivated individual to take their career to the next level. As mentioned, this is a brand new position and the right candidate will have the opportunity to build out world class processes and implement their vision for a solid financial planning and analysis function.
This position will serve as an “individual contributor” role but will ultimately lead a staff of one to three analysts as the company grows and builds its infrastructure.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for the development and execution of the financial analysis function for the company. The role develops and maintains financial models driven by KPIs to support existing forecasting, internal and external financial reports, product initiative analysis, pricing quotations and M&A analysis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the planning process to ensure budgets are coordinated amongst entities and departments and completed on-time with senior management approval
- Provides company-wide coordination to develop annual budgets that clearly define and measure company strategies
- Prepare and update as necessary a current year financial forecast by entity
- Participates in the strategic planning process and product initiative reviews
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the business and systems
- Demonstrates the ability to identify, clarify and resolve business issues as they arise
- Provides actionable and measurable analysis to support business needs and drive decision-making
- Develops insightful reports that are utilized by internal customers
- Reviews Capital Expense Authorizations and oversees post-audit analysis of significant projects
- Reviews monthly financial performance versus budget and prior year
- Responsible for the deployment of staff resources when appropriate (either future departmental staff or cross functional projects)
- Plans, supervises and executes month-end financial activities which includes closing reporting and reconciliation of operating results
- Provide ongoing support for Sales Channels and Product Marketing Teams
- Responsible for sales reporting accuracy
- Responsible for the financial analysis to support S&OP and BOD presentations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university. CPA, MBA or CMA highly preferred.
- Seven+ years in finance / accounting; 3+ years in a management/self-directed role
- Consumer goods industry experience required, manufacturing experience highly desired
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint – demonstrated ability to leverage business management and analysis software for decision making purposes
- Must have high energy, excellent communication skills and possess a very strong sense of urgency
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high-performance environment – ability to multitask
- Must have demonstrated ability of building systems and processes from scratch – but not only be a fixer but a builder
- High level of initiative
Meet Your Recruiter
Mark Lucas, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Growing up in Rainy Portland Oregon, Mark always wanted to live by the beach in sunny Southern California. After he finished his undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a Finance Concentration from Portland State University, Mark made the move out here and has never looked back. Mark joins Alliance Resource Group after owning his own business for 5 years. He chose recruiting because of his ability to help people and give the access to opportunities that they may not have been able to find on their own.
Mark was a 4-year scholarship athlete and played football for the Division 1 NCAA Portland State Vikings. His perfect day would be at the beach bodysurfing, followed by some spicy Mexican food.