Director of Finance and Accounting
2222 N. Santiago Blvd Orange, CA 92867
Looking for a mission, vision, and values you can believe in and get behind? A strong culture and the potential to have a positive effect on others? This position could be for you! Well respected, large private high school is looking to add a strong Director of Finance and Accounting to their team.
This position is responsible for managing accounting, cash management, and financial planning and analysis functions. Ensures that accounting procedures are properly documented and conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Accounting and Finance staff
- Responsible for all General Accounting Functions
- Responsible for generating monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and ad hoc management reports
- Provides expert direction for recording transactions and reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, including pledges, cash accounts, accounts payable, long-term debt, etc.
- Oversees cash management and banking relations and provides on-going monitoring of cash flow
- Oversees development of budget pools for salary accounts and coordinates with stakeholders to generate detail salary budgets
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all independent outside audit activities
- Recommends internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Maintains current knowledge of policies and procedures, federal and state policies, and current accounting standards.
- Responsible for annual budgeting and forecasting cycle
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Reviews bank and AP reconciliations
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance, or a relevant subject area
- CPA preferred
- Proficient knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices; financial markets and banking; analysis and reporting of financial data; business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources; laws, legal codes, government and banking regulations
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in managing, maintaining and entering financial information
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills; Communicates numerical information effectively; keeps relevant coworkers informed
- Excellent planning and organization skills; develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work; uses time efficiently
- Highly proficient computer skills including the ability to operate accounting, spreadsheet, word processing, email, and browser programs effectively
- Able to compile, code, categorize, calculate, audit, and verify information or data; and advanced 10-key input skills