Director of Financial Reporting
18201 Von Karman Ave suite 700 Irvine, CA 92612
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the history of their technical field. They are considered “ Best Emerging Vendor” from SC Magazine. If you are interested in joining a company with the most revolutionary technology, please read on.
The client is seeking a Director of Financial Reporting to oversee all internal and external financial reporting and provide technical accounting support to our fast-paced organization and growing Accounting team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the preparation of all external reporting, including financial statements and disclosures, statements of cashflow and equity, EPS calculations, and global statutory reporting.
- Perform technical accounting research and provide guidance to accounting & finance teams, including the preparation of internal memos.
- Participate in monthly close procedures by reviewing technical or judgmental areas, including revenue recognition, equity, and consolidations.
- Ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and disclosures under US GAAP and SEC.
- Manage financial reporting platform and implement required systems.
- Assisting with the preparation of earnings releases, including financial exhibits, conference call script, and other communications / presentations for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare internal reporting packages for Audit Committee, Board, and Executive Management.
- Interact directly with independent auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audits, and statutory audits of international subsidiaries.
- Assist with implementation and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Participate in and/or lead various finance and accounting projects for the Company.
- Identify and promote process improvement to streamline business procedures and systems.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting, with minimum 3 years’ financial reporting.
- CPA license preferred.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient with and adaptable to technology tools (e.g. ERP systems, Microsoft Word/Excel).
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.