Director of Internal Audit % SOX
16800 Edwards Road Cerritos, CA 90703
The Director, Internal Audit will be responsible for all SOX and SOX Compliance for the company. This position will serve as the liaison with external auditor and their outsourced efforts within SOX and SOX compliance.
Additional knowledge needed and
- Be a subject matter expert in Sarbanes Oxley regulation particularly Section 404 and COSO 2013
- Make valuable recommendations for assessing and strengthening internal controls and corporate governance
- Identify enterprise-wide risks, and perform formal and periodic risk-based assessments of the effectiveness of the organization’ s internal controls put in place by management to mitigate those risks and provide comprehensive reports to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Assist the organization in the effective discharge of responsibilities, promoting the establishment of cost-effective controls, assessing risks, and recommending measures to mitigate those risks.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’ s risk management system
- Analyze the effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Regularly report to Senior Management and the Audit Committee significant risk exposures and control issues, corporate governance issues, and other requested information
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to measure, classify, and report such information as it pertains to Sarbanes Oxley Section 404
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Subject matter expert in SOX and COSO
- 6-10+ years of experience in a dynamic work environment
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience highly preferred
- Experience working within a publicly-traded company