Director of Tax
One Letterman Drive Building C Suite 410 San Francisco, California 94129
We are representing a large, boutique private equity fund with more than $14 billion under management. This firm provides transformational capital to technology companies facing strategic or operational inflection points. Working in close concert with management teams, our client seeks to reposition, rejuvenate, and grow businesses. With an intense focus on corporate strategy, operational excellence, and financial performance, this firms leverages their network, resources and experience to help build value to customers, employees, and shareholders.
The Director of Tax would work with the firm' s investment deal teams on potential new transactions and would be responsible for the following activities on new transactions:
- Work with third party tax advisory firms to oversee tax due diligence efforts
- Work with third party tax advisory firms and legal advisors to help develop efficient tax structures for new investments
- Work with third party tax advisory firms and the firm' s deal teams to develop tax models and determine global cash tax rates for potential new investments
The Director of Tax would also be responsible for working with the firm' s investment deal teams on existing portfolio companies, including:
- Working with portfolio company CFOs and tax professionals to understand potential changes to existing tax and legal structures that should be pursued in the context of potential acquisitions, business model changes, tax regime changes, etc.
The Director of Tax position will be located in San Francisco.
Target Candidate Background & Requirements
The target candidate for the Director of Tax should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree
- Master Degree in tax subject (optional)
- At least 5-7 years of experience at a top-tier accounting firm
- At least 3-5 years of experience in tax M&A work
- Some exposure to private equity M&A preferred
- Some exposure to international tax structuring preferred