920 E. Pacific Coast Hwy Wilmington, CA 90744
Alliance Resource Group is partnered with a global consumer product manufacturer/distributor located in Carson, CA. This division is the US headquarters and will oversee West Coast operations.
As a key member in the accounting department, the Controller will be responsible for providing accounting expertise, reviewing all the significant / unusual / one-time transactions prior to execution and assisting with the monthly close process and special finance projects as directed by the Director of Finance & CFO.
This position will interact with all departments within the organization and will have great exposure to senior executive management. Must be a dynamic, intelligent, and highly motivated individual.
- Manage and oversee the accounting team which currently includes one senior accountant, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Oversee and review the North American month-end closing activities including:
- Review and approval of all manual journal entries prepared for various North American entities.
- Review and approval of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review of monthly transactions and account fluctuations to verify accuracy of coding and completeness of expenses.
- Preparation of high level, complex calculations including capitalization of software development costs.
- Coordinate and support the annual US consolidated tax provision and return including preparation of schedules and collaboration with foreign entities.
- Review of monthly sales tax filings.
- Prepare yearly budgets and contribute to quarterly forecast adjustments
- Ad-hoc projects.
At a minimum, the selected individual must possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 6-10 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the food or consumer product industries.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Team oriented with strong leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP requirements.
- Self-starter who possesses an attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage deadlines with a strong sense of accountability to manage workload.
- Strong technology skills, particularly heavy experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with JD Edwards or SAP is a plus.