La Mirada, CA 90637 US
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the month end reporting and analysis process, including the preparation and review of profit and loss statements and KPIs to ensure overall accuracy of the reports
- Perform monthly variance analysis of actual to budget and/or forecast results for monthly deliverables to senior management
- Develop budgets and forecasts, including monthly/quarterly forecasts, mid-year forecasts, and annual budgets.
Prepare and design ancillary business/financial models and other special projects as needed
- Build a cost analysis program for multiple product lines
- Ensure financial processes and reports meet corporate and industry guidelines
- Analyze spending and communicate trends with Sr. Management
- Create internal management reports for monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial results and prepare commentaries for senior management
- Prepare monthly reports and variance analyses for management review, participate in short and long-range financial planning and forecasting, and prepare ad-hoc financial analyses and reports
- Assist in the drafting of reports, prepare monthly statements of cash flows, other financial reports, and presentations for management
- Develop procedures, schedules, and materials for the quarterly forecast process
- Continuously improve, automate, and simplify processes to help drive better decision-making
- Seek process improvements and drive them to completion within Finance and the larger organization
- 8+ years of progressive, professional experience with financial analysis or corporate finance (exposure to CPG and manufacturing environment preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, cost, variance analysis, reporting, and financial modeling, possess exceptional analytical skills and the ability to understand the impact of operations on our financial results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Advanced skills in Excel, report writing, template building
- Superior communication skills and experience working cross-functionally
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and commitment
- Self-directed with a demonstrated sense of accountability
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a dynamic growth-oriented business
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director - Los Angeles
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.