Financial Analyst II
Newport Beach, CA 92660 US
This analyst will be a finance business partner to the various departments of our organization. A successful analyst must be customer service oriented, systems savvy, possess strong communication/relationship skills, and able to work collaboratively as part of the team as well as independently.
- Responsible for the month end reporting and analysis process, including the preparation and review of profit and loss statements and KPIs to ensure overall accuracy of the reports.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of actual to budget and/or forecast results for monthly deliverables to senior management.
- Ensure costs are properly captured and reported.
- Apply strong analytical skills to understand the root cause of variances.
- Develop budgets and forecasts, including monthly/quarterly forecasts, mid-year forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Prepare and design ancillary business/financial models and other special projects as needed.
- Understand the internal legacy computer systems in order to retrieve historical data, including downloads of data into Excel or other applications.
- Ensure financial processes and reports meet corporate and industry guidelines. Analyze monthly department spending and communicate trends with Sr. Management.
- Work with department heads to manage spending, identify problem areas, and support financial aspects of new corporate projects.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with corporate department heads.
- Collaborate and suggest in the development or adjustment of Key Performance Indicators to drive business decisions, processes, and optimizations.
- Create internal management reports for monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial results and prepare commentaries for senior management.
- Prepare monthly reports and variance analyses for management review, participate in short and long-range financial planning and forecasting, and prepare ad-hoc financial analyses and reports.
- Support the implementation of financial reporting and planning systems.
- Assist in the drafting of SEC reports, prepare monthly statement of cash flows, other financial reports, and presentations for management and the board of directors.
- Develop procedures, schedules, and materials for the quarterly forecast process. Continuously improve, automate, and simplify processes to help drive better decision-making.
- Seek process improvements and drive them to completion within Finance and the larger organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Min of 3 yrs of finance experience in a related industry
Meet Your Recruiter
Chloe Bachner, CPA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Chloe is a former Big 4 CPA with a Bachelor's and Master's of Accountancy degrees from the University of San Diego. Chloe was born and raised right here in in Orange County. Prior to joining Alliance Resource Group, she was an Experienced Hire Recruiter for a large regional Public Accounting firm in Irvine.
As a huge animal advocate, Chloe volunteers her time to rescue dog organizations. She lives by the mantra "Adopt, Don't Shop" and encourages everyone to do the same.
A perfect day for Chloe would find her, her husband Stephen and their dog Kona taking a walk at the beach during the day, followed by a home cooked meal paired with some nice wine.