Financial Analyst II
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675 US
Our client, a world renowned consumer products company, is looking for a Financial Analyst to support budgeting, forecasting and month-end close activities. The ideal candidate would be a highly analytical, detail-oriented and driven individual who shows high levels of intellectually curiosity. The Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to work with multiple functional groups and provide support for all areas of the P&L.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparing the annual budget and quarterly forecast for all areas of the P&L.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Provide monthly variance analysis support for department operating expenses.
- Provide support to international locations during the budget, forecast and close processes as well as ad hoc reporting and financial systems support.
- Perform gross profit, contribution margin and cost savings analysis on existing products and to support new product development.
- Perform financial analysis and return on investment calculations for new capital projects.
- Reconcile financial systems to ensure business transactions are accurately reflected in sales and financial reporting.
- Provide system administration support for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) system.
- Complete ad hoc analysis to support Finance and other functional groups.
- Support Finance initiatives and reporting projects as assigned.
- Assist in the creation of monthly financial and quarterly board of director’s presentations.
- Identify and implement process improvements to existing reporting and analysis.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other quantitative field of study.
- 1-3 years of experience in a finance, accounting or quantitative role.
- Experience in a retail or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- MBA or CPA is a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with proficiency in all other Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) system is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
After receiving his bachelor’s in accounting with a minor in economics from Cal State Fullerton, Brad went to work as an auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers. Brad really enjoys networking, so becoming a recruiter was an easy decision. When asked what he likes best about recruiting he replied, “The satisfaction of seeing the people we place being promoted and our clients becoming long-term trusted partners. It’s a great feeling when your candidate becomes a client by way of promotion.”
Brad is our only recruiter that can land a 360 flip on a skateboard and break 80 on the golf course. Impressive! If Brad had a free day, he would want to spend time with friends doing something competitive.