Financial Reporting Manager
18100 Von Karman Ave. 900 Irvine, California 92612
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will assist Accounting Management in the internal and external financial reporting for the Company, including monthly Board of Directors reporting and monthly internal reporting. This position will also be involved with ad hoc finance and accounting related projects as requested by the Board of Directors and Executive Management. Responsible for balance sheet account analysis and the related journal entries. This individual will assist the Financial Reporting Manager as the key point of contact and liaison between the external audit team and the company’ s finance and other relevant teams.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Perform detailed review of divisional expenses to ensure appropriate coding. Assist with the monthly fluctuation analysis of the Company’ s divisional results versus budget, forecast, and prior year. Support in the consolidation of divisional financial results for internal and external reporting purposes. Assist in the preparation of the monthly Board of Directors presentation
Technical GAAP Research
- Work with Manager of Financial Reporting on recurring and one-time technical accounting issues, i.e. annual goodwill impairment analysis, stock based compensation, revenue recognition, etc. Understand and implement accounting pronouncements and alert management to all current US GAAP and SEC trends in reporting and compliance that apply to the Company. Includes working with Manager of Financial Reporting to ensure any significant transactions (i.e. mergers, acquisitions, debt refinancing, etc.) are recorded in accordance with proper accounting guidance.
Corporate Balance Sheet accounts
- Ensure fixed assets, goodwill, intangible assets and other non-operational balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled and reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in ensuring effective internal controls throughout the corporate accounting organization and in maintaining related documentation.
- (Required) Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent experience
- (Preferred) Master' s Degree or CPA preferred
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years in Public accounting and/or large company equivalent experience
- Experience with audits of public clients or working directly with external audit teams
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and communications skills will be required as well as a solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Team building Skills
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Email - email@example.com