Financial Reporting Manager
irvine, CA 92614 US
ARG has partnered with a cutting edge medical device company seeking to add a Financial Reporting Manager to their growing team. The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for preparation of timely and accurate external and internal financial statements- preparing corresponding reports to meet the Company's quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc SEC reporting requirements. The manager will perform day-to-day financial reporting and provide technical accounting expertise related to the Company and its subsidiaries.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who will help to identify strategic improvements to external and internal reports and related processes. This role will be key in supporting SOX compliance efforts, including ensuring that appropriate processes have been put in place and are properly documented, support the quarterly and annual audit processes, and provide supporting documentation to help resolve any issues.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be an organized, detailed-oriented, and process-driven professional who has experience implementing scalable processes in a rapid growth environment. This individual will also be a demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports for the SEC (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.), including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, and XBRL. Responsible for the preparation and compilation of supporting schedules for the filings.
- Keeps updated on recent and applicable GAAP and SEC reporting guidelines.
- Assists with technical accounting research and documentation of various complex accounting issues and participates in special or ad-hoc projects and transactions, as needed.
- Coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with business partners in the accounting, finance, operations, treasury, legal, HR, and other functional business areas to ensure proper and timely input into internal and external financial reporting.
- Support the quarterly and annual audit processes by working closely with external audit firm, providing supporting documentation and addressing requests and issues.
- Prepare accounting and reporting disclosure checklists and ensure that required accounting and GAAP disclosures are met.
- Research and discuss complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions, as well as prepare technical memos to document research and conclusions reached. Use critical thinking and collaborate with business leaders to evaluate and determine appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions. Assist with complex or non-routine transactions to determine the proper accounting treatment and process.
- Administer stock award plans, including working closely with HR, Legal and third-party vendors to communicate materials, compliance, grant process and management reports, and respond timely to all executive plus employee queries pertinent to company stock plans.
- In charge of equity and debt accounting.
- Assist implementing SOX processes, including ensuring that appropriate processes have been put in place, and are properly followed and documented.
- Participate and assist in special or ad-hoc projects and transactions, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years of related experience, including hands-on experience in financial reporting
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of SEC reporting process and requirements, as well as experience with technical research and drafting technical memos
- High degree of familiarity with Forms 10-Q and 10-K (including related SEC rules, regulations, and interpretations), FASB disclosure requirements, and XBRL
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues
- Excellent attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on teams
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet strict deadlines, multi-task efficiently and handle competing priorities
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) – including ability to develop analyses using Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and other Excel tools
- Experience with Shareworks or Equity Edge is a plus but not required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Christopher Brunson, MBA
Recruiting Manager - Orange County
Chris has joined Alliance Resource Group following 14 years of progressive experience in Financial Planning & Analysis. This real world experience, along with his Bachelor's Degree in Finance from Cal Poly Pomona and his MBA From C.S.U. Long Beach, provides Chris with a great background to service his clients and candidates in a very personal way. Chris enjoys recruiting because it grants him the opportunity to interact with and learn about people, their goals and what motivates them in life.
We thank Chris for his service to the country; he spent a combat tour in Iraq as a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. On a free day, Chris would enjoy a hike with his dog Spartacus followed by a beach day with his friends and family.