Human Resources Director
2875 Michelle Drive Suite 200 Irvine, California 92606
Summary of career opportunity
POSITION: Human Resources Manager/Director
POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS
This key HR executive will perform a variety of professional and technical duties, including special projects related to the recruitment, selection, retention and termination of Company employees at assigned location; administers varied human resources functions and provides technical direction to internal customers.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Essential functions and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Administers and conducts a variety of human resources tasks and assignments to ensure timely and efficient service to internal customers and outside vendors, customers, visitors and job applicants in:
Employee Benefit Programs and HR Administration:
- Coordinates and conducts orientation programs for newly hired employees and processes all necessary new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates the annual open enrollment for Company benefit plans; coordinates benefit administration with the carriers for the Company and assists employees with concerns, issues and or problems related to the Company’ s benefit programs.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget for the Human Resources Department.
- Ensures that all personnel records are maintained in accordance with company policy and state/federal laws.
- Assists employees with the interpretation and correct application of Company policies, procedures and programs.
- Prepares and presents human resources related reports, documents and other necessary correspondence.
- Assists and/or performs human resources related special projects or assignments as needed or required.
- Administers mandatory leave programs (FMLA/CFRA/PDL).
- Administers and prepares accurate bi-weekly payroll paperwork and submits to Corporate for processing.
- Creates and writes all correspondence as necessary for the communication of internal as well as external clients and customers.
- Oversees the accurate processing of forms and documents related to hiring, change of status, and termination of employees such as State agency questionnaires and unemployment appeal hearing documentation.
- Maintains contact with various governmental and regulatory agencies as needed or required and ensures compliance with reporting and other requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates all company sponsored events, (i.e. Christmas party, company picnic, other events under Safety).
- Interrelates effectively, professionally with diplomacy in all areas of employee relations, always projecting a professional image in keeping with Company goals and objectives while exercising the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
Recruitment and Selection
- Manages and oversees on-site recruiting practices in connection with temporary agencies. Ensures appropriate staffing levels and assists senior management with rate negotiations.
- Researches other avenues of recruitment, both external and internal, (i.e. monster, specialized recruiters, newspapers, etc.) at a cost savings to the company’ s
- Interviews and recommends for selection and hiring qualified applicants for the assigned internal customer for entry-level to mid-management positions; develop employment advertisements, interviews and tests applicants, extends employment offers and conducts background and reference checks.
- Follow through with recruiting strategies until assignment is filled with supportive documentation of cost and time necessary to fill position.
Employee Education, Training & Retention Programs
- Coordinates and may occasionally conduct training and development programs.
- Coordinates CPR/First Aid Emergency Response Team.
- Facilitates Supervisory training, (disciplinary, sexual harassment, safety, performance reviews, etc.)
- Performs related duties as assigned by Corporate Training Program.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Relationship Orientation-Develops positive relationships by making others feel their concerns and contributions are important.
- Continuous Learning-Proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own performance and learning and that of others.
- Tolerance for Stress, Ambiguity, and Change-Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others and maintains confidentiality where appropriate; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Project and Product Management-Plan and implements human resource projects, programs, and product development efforts.
- Quality Process Orientation-Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of products/services and processes.
- Customer Value Creation-Responds to customer' s needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
- Compliance-Applies an understanding of key legal precedents, policies and practices to protect the interests of the organization and individual employees.
- Coaching, Consulting, and Developing Others-Provides appropriate advice, feedback, and development resources to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams.
- Staffing and Retention-Provides the advice and support required to select and retain appropriate job candidates.
HR Product/Service Specialist
- Technical Expertise-Acquires and applies professional/technical knowledge, skills, experience, and judgment to accomplish results, serve customers.
- Product/Service Development and Refinement-Collaborates with the HR team to produce products and services that are tailored to customer' s needs.
- Product/Service Quality and Delivery-Manages product and service delivery to ensure high levels of customer impact and satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Principles and practices of employee relations and personnel administration.
- Techniques of recruitment, interviewing and selecting applicants for employment.
- Wage and salary/benefit administration.
- Pertinent federal, state and local labor laws.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel) and human resources information system (HRIS).
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Current Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
- General office procedures and skills.
- Maintain and update benefit and human resources database and reports.
- Maintain a highly confidential nature of personnel work.
- Convey a positive and professional image to applicants, employees and the public.
- Prepare clear and concise correspondence and administrative and statistical reports.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Operate a personal computer.
- Comply and interpret Company policies, procedures and human resources related programs.
- Work under pressure effectively and professionally.
- Meet deadlines and established human resources assignment commitment dates.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and personnel, vendors, customers and Company visitors.