Interim Corporate Controller - Temp to Hire Opportunity
410 Exchange 200 Irvine, CA 92602-1328
INTERIM CORPORATE CONTROLLER - Central Orange County
We have an immediate need for a talented finance/accounting professional to fill the role of Corporate Controller for our client, a fast-growing privately-held manufacturing company here in Central OC.
The company has multiple locations (domestic and internationally) and has recently completed an acquisition that grew the company by 50 percent.
This project will last a minimum of three to six months. The company will ultimately hire a permanent person for this role but is slated to start the formal permanent search in Summer 2019. For the right candidate, this project could be a long term permanent role if so desired.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements according to U.S. GAAP.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts for corporate entity.
- Calculates commissions for internal and external sales reps.
- Prepares weekly report of revenue, bookings, and cash flows.
- Supports external tax and audit professionals.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Coordinates A/P and A/R activity with other team members.
- Analyzes actual results vs. plan.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Reviews quoted vs. actual pricing and costing.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Manufacturing and International experience preferred.
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility in accounting role
- Firm grasp of ERP systems, familiarity with Epicor preferred.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and independent with a strong work ethic.
- Experience scaling business processes and operating in environments that have achieved meaningful scale.
- Attention to detail with ability to frame financial/accounting impact.