Internal Audit Manager
700 Newport Center Dr Newport Beach, California 92660
Internal Audit Manager
Our client, a publicly-traded company within the insurance industry is seeking to add an Internal Audit Manager to their growing finance/accounting team. This position is newly created role and will be great for a self-motivated individual who can take initiative. This role requires NO travel, and offers great company benefits. Additionally, the company fosters a team environment that believes in giving back to the community.
Base: $120, 000 - 130, 000
Benefits: Full, very competitive
Culture: Dynamic, driven, fast-paced, tech-savvy
Hours: 40 - 43.5 per week
As an Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for developing procedures, schedules, priorities and programs to align Internal Audit objectives and goals with the strategies of the corporation.
Specific functions of this role:
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Develop and manage risk assessment methodologies, design risk management tools and be responsible for assessing risk factors and identifying high-risk areas within various divisions and companies in the organization.
- Determine internal audit scope and developing annual plans.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and evaluating accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports that reflect audit’ s results and document process
- Facilitate the evaluation of key business processes, risks and controls. Manage the evaluation of financial reporting controls (SOX 404).
- Develop and maintain productive and effective Business Unit Head relationships.
- Serve as a contact for corporate, locations, and external auditors regarding auditing and fraud matters or projects. Assist in coordinating audits/projects with external professionals/specialists.
- Keep current on changes in US GAAP, Audit standards and regulatory changes and drive awareness across the department
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identifying loopholes and recommending risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintaining open communication with director of audit and audit committee
- Conducting follow-up audits to monitor management’ s interventions
- Engaging to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’ s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
We are looking for an objective Internal Audit Manager who combines a thorough knowledge in accounting procedures and a sound judgment, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for this internal auditing position include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- 4+ yrs Public Accounting experience
- 5+ yrs audit experience
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations (SOX)
- Strong organizational skills
For immediate consideration:
Please email your resume to Brad at Bchamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com .
• Leverage industry and technical knowledge to assist Management to effectively identify, assess, mitigate, and proactively address risks associated with their business.
• Assist with annual risk assessment process and development of the annual audit plan.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelor’ s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• Professional certification required (CPA or CIA).
• 5+ years of internal audit experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
• 2+ years of management level experience leading projects and/or staff.
• Strong understanding of internal control and risk management principles.
• Knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures and principles including the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with use of audit data analysis tools.
• Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.