6555 Katella Avenue Cypress, California 90630
Alliance Resource Group is partnered with a Global Consumer Products company to locate an Internal Auditor who shows promising potential for advancement. Preferred candidate will come from mid-tier/Big 4 CPA firm, or have private industry Internal Audit experience dealing with SOX compliance!
- he Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) Senior Internal Auditor role presents a dynamic opportunity to assure financial compliance through enforcing SOX policies, procedures and controls which form the foundation of our client globally. This role plays an integral part in our Internal Audit team and will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the business globally while strengthening our Internal Audit function.
You will work closely with the SOX Manager, VP, Internal Audit, Senior Audit Managers and other Internal Audit colleagues and co-sourced third party teams, as well as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) management team and their direct reports. You will be part of a team who is responsible for performing the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing company-wide and, when required, executing internal audits at offices globally.
This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward thinking department. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Performing and reviewing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance work companywide in accordance with the Internal Audit annual plan.
- Assist leading and managing internal or co-sourced audit teams in the execution of SOX testing.
- Documenting results and completing SOX work papers in accordance with internal and external standards.
- Identification of process improvements to streamline testing procedures.
- Making recommendations to improve internal controls and remediate SOX deficiencies.
- Identifying internal control weaknesses, reporting deficiencies to local office, providing recommendations and following up on action plan implementation with process owners.
- Liaising with key operational and financial stakeholders
- Obtaining a good knowledge of company SOX Software and providing assistance to team members and control owners when needed.
- Executes internal audit reviews and testing according to the Internal Audit annual plan, including fieldwork testing, documentation of results and completion of work papers in accordance with relevant internal and external standards.
- Supports the VP IA and Audit Managers in delivering internal audit reviews.
- Identifies risks associated with the processes under review.
- Assists in preparation of draft audit reports for audit management review.
- Mentors and provides coaching to junior staff.
- Participates in special projects when required.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA or CIA preferred, additional certifications a plus.
- You should have 3-7 years of related experience and/or training working in public accounting or gained while working on an audit team for a mid-sized to large corporation dealing with SOX compliance and/or COSO 2013 framework.
- You must have a working knowledge of accounting principles and auditing standards as well as internal control principles, including general IT controls.
- You will have superior writing abilities, including the ability to communicate audit results in an effective and understandable manner