951 Calle Amanecer San Clemente, CA 92673
Our client is a growing publicly traded company who has double their size in revenue is looking to hire an Internal Auditor to their growing team. The Internal Auditor will actively contribute as a member of a team of compliance, financial and auditors conducting independent audit and risk oversight activities. This position will report directly to the Internal Audit Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform SOX business cycle controls testing of the design, implementation and operational effectiveness of controls over financial reporting worldwide – the testing templates of the external auditor will be utilized to make more complete their reliance on the work of Internal Audit.
- Work on substantive testing in areas such as revenue, invoices and receivables
- Perform testing on various financial statement line items on both the balance sheet and income statement using substantive analytical procedures and tests of details
- Effectively and efficiently liaise and work with external auditors toward common testing objectives.
- Contribute ideas toward the continuous improvement of audit strategies, programs and procedures for the benefit of attaining increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and projects (not related to compliance auditing) such as Sarbanes-Oxley related testing (as may be necessary in certain circumstances).
- Prepare clear and concise written reports on audit findings and conclusions and work with compliance stakeholders on the timely resolution and remediation of these.
- Investigate reports of alleged or suspected non-compliance activity.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ year of SOX business cycle controls testing experience
- 1+ year substantive testing experience
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification is a plus