Internal Controls Manager
1801 E St Andrew Pl Santa Ana, CA 92705
ARG is partnered with a Fortune 500 company based in Costa Mesa, in search of a Manager of Internal Controls. This will not be a typical Internal Controls role, but rather provide a stepping stone for someone out of Big 4 audit to transition into a strategic finance or accounting position. The position is open for the same reason it opens up every 1.5 - 2 years, because the incumbent transitioned into a Senior Manager of Finance role. This position will report directly to the CFO and will take on finance and accounting projects far outside the scope of internal controls, while receiving visibility across the leadership team. This person will also gain management experience and train/develop staff. This is a very rare opportunity for someone coming out of external audit/public accounting!
- Massive, newly built facility, with state of the art technology, and:
- indoor restaurants (on-site) including coffee shops, and all types of food
- on-site retail shopping
- multiple game rooms (pool tables, ping pong, shuffleboard, foosball, etc.)
- state of the art gym
- Outdoor patio with firepits, bbq' s, etc.
- On-site bicycles and scooters for travel within the facility
- This culture is built around young, brilliant minds, who think outside the box. The CFO encourages creative thinking and will assign projects which push you to new levels and continue advancing your skillset. Young, dynamic, brilliant, and fun people are what define this place.
- Pay range will vary depending on years of experience in Audit, and this position will be eligible for a quarterly bonus from 10-20%, plus equity/RSU' s, and substantial raises and spot bonuses.
- Benefits: unbeatable. 3 weeks vacation + everything paid for.
- Perform SOX scoping and ensuring controls are appropriately aligned and reflected
- Manage the execution of SOX strategy decisions, scoping and planning for assigned environments.
- Review and refinement of key controls around significant financial processes and accounts.
- Drive continuous improvement of the processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and ongoing compliance.
- Review of deficiencies and monitoring of status of recommendation.
- Communicate status to leadership.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in public accounting (audit) required; preferably Big 4
- Excellent communication, drive, ability to shift gears, and ability to maintain sight of the big picture while possessing a keen eye for detail
- Ability to lead, develop, mentor, and train staff and semi-senior level teammates.
- CPA required (or completion of exams, pending license or ethics)
- Excel skills- good enough to know how to figure out what you don' t know...quickly.
- Software - they operate on large Tier 1 software. Not required; this can be taught .
For immediate Consideration:
Please apply to this position and email your resume in Word format to Brad at BChamberlin(at)AllianceResourceGroup(dot)com