International Accounting Manager
1 Monster Way (2390 Anselmo Drive) Corona, CA 92879
World Renowned Consumer Products Company!
The International Accounting Manager will assist in overseeing the accounting and compliance functions of the Company’ s subsidiaries around the world.
Essential Job Functions:
- Role will entail hand on management of internal accounting and reporting, working closely with worldwide subsidiaries.
- Manage the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions and maintenance of company chart of accounts.
- Coordination of 3rd party accounting service providers – establishing closing calendars, account coding standardization, and general control requirements.
- Monitor global compliance with corporate accounting policies
- Ensure timely and accurate country specific statutory tax filings
- Oversee the international external audit process
- Coordination of internal operations, regulatory, accounting, and customer service departments
- Manage a team of Senior Accountants, Staff Accountants and Clerks in a positive work environment
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts
- Provide timely budget to actual reports with variance explanations and collaborate with finance team to provide reports and analysis
- Work on ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting and/or finance
- 6+ years of experience (preferably a combination of Big 4 and with a publicly traded organization)
- 2+ years of supervisory/management responsibilities
- At least 2 years of relevant International experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Experience implementing new systems, policies, procedures and controls, preferably in an international setting
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong computer and Excel skills are required
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish is helpful