3780 Kilroy Airport Way Long Beach, CA 90806
Alliance Resource Group is committed to delivering talented, qualified individuals for our clients’ specific needs. We have project and temporary professionals from interim CFOs to senior accountants – any financial services need. We are currently working with a well-established distribution company in Long Beach that is seeking a Staff Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is currently experiencing rapid growth. The Staff Accountant role is a contract to hire position with a mid-sized company. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
The Staff Accountant will report to the accounting manager. This is a great position for a talented up-and-coming accounting professional that would like to grow their career with a company that has fabulous long-term prospects.
Summary of the position:
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Must have ample knowledge of GAAP.
- Some experience with QuickBooks desired but not required.
- Prepare and maintain account analysis for 5 legal entities, fixed asset roll-forwards and multiple bank reconciliations.
- Prepare consolidations and analyze financial statements and other reports as well as assist with internal and external audits and tax related inquiries.
- Knowledge of month end, quarter end and year end close processes.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Advanced excel skills – pivot tables and VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Knowledge of GAAP, bookkeeping and accounting standards required