Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
840 Newport Center Drive , Suite 300 Newport Beach, CA 92660 US
Our client is a growing Capital Acquisition firm that has added a new position due to growth. This exciting role will be strategic in forming processes for FP&A, and building financial models to support financing and asset management. Additionally, this reports to the VP of Finance so the expectation is for this position to grow with the organization into leadership.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Prepares and analyzes consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals, forecasts and prior fiscal year
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Responsible for developing financial modeling, financial statement analysis, decision modeling, reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Performs financial periodic and quarterly forecasts, the annual budgeting processes, operating plans variance analysis and special projects
- Analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Monitors performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Assists in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Analyzes actual operating results and identifies key financial and operating issues to be addressed; quantifies actual results versus projections
- Prepares financial projections and formal written proposals as required for presentation to Sr. Management
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- MBA a strong plus
- Approximately 4-6 years of any combination of experience and/or education, that demonstrates a commanding knowledge in corporate finance
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (with expertise in Excel); Ability to develop financial models of high complexity
- Experience in preparing budgets/forecasts and working directly with business unit partners on developing strategy and variance analysis to forecast
- Exposure to Hyperion Essbase, Adaptive Planning a plus
- Experience supporting Corporate FP&A for a publicly traded organization
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director - Los Angeles
Born in Hollywood and raised in Los Angeles, Kyle was destined to be a star. When that did not work out, he did the next best thing and became a recruiter. After graduating from California State University, Long Beach with a bachelor’s degree in finance, Kyle began his professional career working in accounting as an Assistant Controller and Controller for several companies in the surf industry. After a number of years working in accounting, he became an entrepreneur and developed two successful coffee-house locations in Orange County where he was the CFO (and head barista).
In 2003 Kyle again shifted his career and became a financial recruiter in the Bay area with a large national staffing company where he was responsible for building successful recruiting teams. Kyle joined Alliance Resource Group in 2009 as a Recruiting Manager.
Kyle is a proud parent of two girls, Maya and Sage, whom are attending college in San Francisco, CA and Paris, France. In his spare time, Kyle loves to fire up the BBQ after a good surf session.