Manager - Accounting Policy & Financial Reporting
1920 Main St Suite 1200 Irvine, California 92614
The Manager – Accounting Policy & Financial Reporting will be primarily responsible for assisting the Sr. Director – Accounting Policy & Financial Reporting with researching and documenting technical accounting conclusions and performing certain quarterly technical accounting tasks. Additionally, the position will assist in the preparation and reviews of quarterly, year-end financial statements filed with the SEC, and certain related supporting schedules. The position will work closely with the Company’ s Corporate Accounting and Operational Accounting departments and have regular interaction with both the Corporate Controller and Chief Accounting Officer while assessing and concluding on technical accounting questions. Lastly, the position will play an important role in the assessment and adoption of new accounting standards. Effective, precise verbal and written communication is necessary, as this position will work closely with numerous members of Senior Management and will play an important role in the drafting of periodic consolidated financial statements. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Participate in various technical accounting projects, specifically related to lease, financial instrument, and consolidation accounting.
• Ensure that the results of the Company’ s complex accounting issues are property documented, presented and disclosed in the Company’ s consolidated financial statements.
• Assist in the research and implementation of new accounting standards.
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements.
• Assist with preparation of various financial reporting related schedules for 10-K/Q (EPS, segment reporting, etc.).
• Prepare and manage tie-out of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements.
• Assist with the preparation of other SEC filings, including 8-Ks and offering documents.
• Serve as liaison to various company departments, including other accounting teams, Investor Relations, FP&A, Treasury and Legal.
• Serve as liaison to internal and external auditors.
• Provide periodic updates on new and emerging accounting rules and pronouncements.
• Monitor and enhance existing documentation of financial reporting processes and internal controls.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting and CPA is required.
• Master of Accounting, a plus.
• A minimum of four (4) years of accounting experience, preferably at a Big 4 firm or large, public company.
• Experience researching, resolving, documenting and communicating technical accounting and SEC reporting matters.
• Experience performing variable interest entity/consolidation analyses is a plus.
• Experience with MRI, BPC, and/or Workiva is a plus.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
• Effectively communicate and present information