Manager of Corporate Accounting
One Edwards Way Irvine, California 92614
Manager, Corporate Accounting-011990
Client has a new opening for a Finance Manager within the Corporate Accounting team in Irvine. This will be a key position ensuring the correct application of U.S. GAAP and the quality and compliance of the Company' s financial reporting. This position will partner with Business Unit and Regional finance representatives to provide guidance on various areas of accounting as well as compliance with the Company' s Global Policies.
- Manage team members and/or experienced Corporate Accounting professionals and/or oversee the work of assigned Corporate Accounting team within own function.
- Manage the overall Corporate Accounting monthly close and quarterly external reporting requirements for the entities supported by the Corporate Accounting department.
- Plan and direct Corporate Accounting project activities with the accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables to the business within established schedule, scope and quality objectives. Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, critical paths, resolve issues, follow up on action items, etc. in collaboration with project managers.
- Identify opportunities and lead the implementation of changes to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Serve as an escalation point and provide technical expertise and resolutions to global finance partners.
- Oversee successful completion of all non-project work activities.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting required; advanced degree a plus
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience required, including with a large international public company
- CPA required; Manager level experience at a Big Four public accounting firm preferred and may offset minimum years requirement
- A demonstrated track record of supervisory experience is required
- Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including advanced Excel
- Experience with a large ERP system, JDE experience a plus
- Proven successful project management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
- Recognized as an expert in own area with specialized depth within the organization
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High degree of accuracy & efficiency with attention to detail
- Proactive with an aptitude for process improvement
- Highly adaptable, flexible and customer service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment and meet tight deadlines