Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
6531 Irvine Center Dr Irvine, CA 92618
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will be supporting all aspects of FP&A with a focus on driving achievement on financial objectives. These responsibilities will span the spectrum of forecasting and budgeting to variance analysis, systems development, ad hoc work and M&A support. The primary focus will be the development of a cadence of regular analytics to support an understanding of the business and its performance to forecast and plan. This role requires a team orientation and cross-functional teamwork skills. Strong communication skills supporting research and development, marketing, sales, renewal operations, and contracting are a must.
Participate in financial planning, budgeting process, business performance analysis and reporting with the goal of driving achievement financial objectives. Routinely provide outlook/interim forecast/plan. Optimize expense management, identify efficiencies and develop processes and systems to support appropriate control of operational costs across functions. Support strategic planning including review of near-term business opportunities and long-range planning, with analysis of financial risks and opportunities. Partner across functions in support of Sales & Operations Planning process.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related field required; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of related and progressively more responsible experience in finance in SAAS software industry including private equity backed companies.
- 5+ years experience interacting with accounting to close the books and conduct regular FP&A processes such as variance analysis, forecasting and GL research.
- Experience with forecasting and annual operating plan builds with particular focus on revenue and COGS.
- Experience supporting KPI reporting and trend analysis as well as understanding the strategic implications for the company.
- Solid experience with systems implementations and report building. Desired (not required) experience include Netsuite, Adaptive Insights and SalesForce.
- Ability to build complex Excel models (advanced formula development and usage along with scenario analysis) and distill the key points of those models and make concise recommendations for leadership.
- Ability to deliver quality, thoughtful analysis under severe time constraints.
- Ability to interpret, communicate, and present financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare presentations in support of board and investor meetings.