Operations Accounting and Finance Analyst
Carlsbad, CA 92009
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference through the delivery of results.
About the Role
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance procedures as well as the execution of assigned financial and operational audits. This will be a unique position to assist with the buildout and development of the Company’ s Internal Audit Department. The current year will continue to have a focus on SOX improvement and assigned Internal Audit (IA) projects, with an increasing focus on financial and operational audits as the department and Company grows. Internal Auditors assist in the identification of opportunities for operational and control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving performance. In this capacity, the Senior Internal Auditor gains valuable process-level exposure to many areas within the Company’ s global business. Additionally, based on the stage of this Company, Senior Internal Auditors will have exposure to senior and executive level management during the execution of their day to day tasks. The internal audit organization is viewed as a training ground for high performing talent seeking a developmental assignment and exposure to the global operations of the Company.
- Assist with execution of global SOX strategy, including streamlining of current process, implementing systems solution, and collaborating with control owners, external audit, and outsourced internal audit.
- Interview process owners; perform walkthroughs and test internal controls.
- Monitor and provide consultation to management’ s actions to remediate control deficiencies.
- Monitor PCAOB and SEC requirements and impact to the company.
- Provide training to business partners on SOX guidelines and related topics
- Perform financial and operational audits of the Company’ s global locations by testing and documenting procedures
- Document the results of testing procedures and communicate areas of concern or potential operating weaknesses to IA and business group management. Partner with auditees to effectively resolve issues.
- Assist with drafting the audit report for assigned sections and audit findings, in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with development of global Internal Audit Department, including but not limited to drafting of IA charter, audit methodology, risk assessments, report creation, and implementing system solution
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems, or other business related or Information Technology-related field.
- Three or more years of increasingly responsible audit experience.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or equivalent is preferred
- Strong understanding of SOX processes including ability to design and execute SOX test plans, assist with remediation efforts, and properly document testing results.
- Experience working with an Internal Audit function is preferred.
- Report writing experience preferred.
- Experience with auditing in an operations or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with ERP and data analytical audit tools are a plus.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally ~25-30%