Santa Fe Springs, CA 90610
The primary function of this position is to provide payroll and HR administrative support to the Team Members. Provides payroll assistance including working with supervisors to ensure time and attendance entries included missed punches are corrected and completed by required deadlines; processing time off requests and other payroll related duties; submits time & attendance data to Corporate Payroll on a weekly basis. Handles confidential, information on a regular basis. Prepares and updates employment records related to recruiting, hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating employees. Ensuring new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Train non-exempt new hires on how to punch in and out and request time off
- Review paid time off requests and ensure they are entered into the time & attendance system by the Corporate Payroll deadline
- Runs an exception report daily and makes corrections for any schedule inaccuracies and unexcused time entries
- Runs time and attendance reports on a daily & weekly and coordinate corrections with supervisors
- Review and correct missed punches on a daily basis
- Complete and process timesheets and submit data to Corporate Payroll on a weekly basis within the deadlines assigned
- Respond to employee requests for login and password resets
- Submit all status changes (e.g. Status Change Forms), New Hire Forms and any non-timesheet payroll items to Corporate Payroll by the required deadline
- Distribute manual pay checks and ACH statements to employees
- Filters a high volume of incoming inquiries from walk-ins, phone lines, and email; responds appropriately using both pre-established content or independently authoring.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to internal and external inquiries with prompt and accurate information within 48-hours of receipt, while maintaining confidential information.
- Facilitates New Hire Welcome including preparation of new team member orientation packets, welcome correspondence and coordination of facility tours.
- Assists with full cycle recruiting for all manufacturing, production and entry-level non-exempt employees, interns, and contingent workforce: enters and submits job requisitions; posts advertisements on internal/external career pages and job boards, complying with all EEOC guidelines; prescreens candidate resumes; schedules interviews, reserves conference room; requests background checks and drug screens.
- Assist employees with basic HR questions regarding company policies & procedures
- Education & Experience
- High School degree and 2 or more years of payroll experience at a Payroll Clerk or Payroll Coordinator level (e.g. correcting missed punches, entering time off requests and generating payroll reports).