Fullerton, CA 92831 US
Payroll Manager - Construction Industry
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Payroll Manager to join our construction company's finance team. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the company's payroll process, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency. This is a critical role that plays a vital part in our organization's financial operations.
- Manage and oversee the end-to-end payroll process, including data collection, calculations, and disbursement.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll for all employees, including wage and salary employees, contractors, and temporary staff.
- Verify timesheets, work hours, and deductions to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay updated on federal and state payroll tax regulations and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and submit payroll tax reports and payments accurately and on time.
- Handle payroll-related audits and inquiries from regulatory agencies.
- Administer employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other deductions.
- Work with employees to resolve benefit-related inquiries and issues.
- Maintain accurate records of all payroll-related transactions and documentation.
- Ensure proper storage and retrieval of payroll records as needed.
- Continuously assess and improve payroll processes to enhance accuracy and efficiency.
- Implement best practices and automation where applicable.
- Supervise and lead a team of payroll specialists.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to ensure the team's success.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Manager in the construction industry or a similar field.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a high-volume payroll environment.
- Proficiency with payroll software and HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred but not required.