3191 Airport Loop Drive #D Costa Mesa, CA 92626 US
Alliance Resource Group has partnered with a third-party property management company specializing in retail, commercial, and industrial properties across Southern California.
This dynamic organization takes care of the day-to-day operations, accounting, and risk management for their valued clients, ranging from large property developers to individual owners/families.
The Senior Accountant works amongst a team of 3-5 to record transactions, create journal entries, and contribute to reporting for their growing portfolio of properties (retail, commercial, and industrial).
The property accountant records income/expenses for the company’s properties, supports the VP/Director of Accounting by completing daily/weekly journal entries and reconciliations, and oversees accounting clerks/staff.
- Oversee accounting for assigned portfolio of properties, including journal entries, GL management, and AP/AR reporting
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, prepare journal entries, adjusting entries, accruals, and reversals as needed
- Assist in preparing financial statements and special reports for assigned properties
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts
- Delegate work as appropriate to accounting assistants/clerks
- Supervise Accounts Payable for assigned properties, ensuring timely and accurate payment of invoices
- Oversee recurring payables including mortgage payments, property distributions, taxes, management fees, insurance, etc.
- Complete year-end adjustments, year-end financial statements, and year-end data requests for ownership’s accountants/tax advisors
- Support annual CAM reconciliation process, including supporting tenant inquiries & CAM audits
- Prepare FTB taxes
- Prepare closing statements and balance roll-forwards for newly added properties
- Process tenant input sheets and assess tenant initial financials as needed
- Execute wire transfers/check transfers between bank accounts
- Serve as point-of-contact for owners’ questions and review questions from VP/Director of Accounting
- Bachelors (BS, BA) or Associates (AA, AS) in Accounting or Business preferred
- 3-5+ years of property accounting experience, with retail/commercial experience preferred
- MRI experience preferred
- Proficiency within MS Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Team player mentality, excellent communication, and coachability
- Able to work accurately and quickly on multiple projects